Re: [lammps-users] License question

From: Stefan Paquay <stefanpaquay@...24...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:30:20 -0500

I think we usually assume it is, although of course if you are the author you are free to choose under which license you share it.
If you opt for GPL or another, GPL-compatible license (like the Berkley or MIT licenses) then I don't think there are any issues with adding your source to LAMMPS as well, although it might be it needs to be compiled as a separate library.
If your license is not GPL-compatible then it is difficult to distribute contributions bundled with LAMMPS due to licensing issues.

Others will be able to clarify further.