Re: [lammps-users] combining tip4p water with other charged species

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:20:29 -0500

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Boris Efremov <b.efremov2018@...567...> wrote:
Dear lammps users,
I want to model a sodium chlodire solution. I would like to use tip4p model of water. However, this model requires a special k space style - pppm/tip4p. How can I combine the tip4p model with other species? Will it add a ghost specie only for the water molecules?

not at all. both, ​pair style lj/cut/tip4p/long and kspace style pppm/tip4p can be used for your entire system, they only do the "tip4p transformation" for atom types designated as water hydrogen or oxygen. all other atoms are treated​ as if you were using lj/cut/coul/long or pppm, respectively.

Thank you very much for your help.

engaging tech sites,!
lammps-users mailing list

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey@...12...24...