Re: [lammps-users] Results of time averaging in a variable?

From: Noam Bernstein <noam.bernstein@...4479...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:37:44 -0500

On Nov 6, 2017, at 9:33 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...1125.....> wrote:

​from the fix ave/time documentation:

Restart, fix_modify, output, run start/stop, minimize info:

No information about this fix is written to binary restart files. None of the fix_modify options are relevant to this fix.

**This fix produces a global scalar or global vector or global array which can be accessed by various output commands. The values can only be accessed on timesteps that are multiples of Nfreq since that is when averaging is performed.**

Thanks - I eventually realized that I can use “f_ID” to refer to fix results.  I think my problem is that I don’t really have a top level view of the entities in lammps, since I’ve mostly operated by reading docs/examples and trying to glean the underlying general concepts (i.e. the direct statement that you can in general refer to the results of fixes as “f_ID”).  Maybe I just need to go back and do a basic tutorial, but the ones I’ve found have been too basic for this.

Noam