Re: [lammps-users] non equilibrium and non steady molecular dynamics simulations

From: "Diaz,Adrian" <adriandiaz@...1447...>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 23:11:22 +0000

In short, no. This is still an active area of research since local measurements of the virial and heat theorem for stresses and heat fluxes respectively are not applicable to  transient transport. For additional background see: https://journals.aps.org/pre/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevE.94.053309. There is no established formalism for local measurement of fluxes uniquely on unenclosed surfaces; in that paper results are still predominantly for enclosed surfaces where the result is still known to be unique.