Re: [lammps-users] How to oscillate a wall while thermostatting

From: saeed alborzi <alborzi.saeed6@...24...>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 16:01:40 +0330

I have simulated the two case you said

1) First I relaxed a medium at T1 temperature and then put it adjacent to a solid wall and applied fix nvt at T2>T1 to the wall and fix nve to the medium.
2)Second I put the medium adjacent to an oscillating wall with 2angstrom and 2ps.

I observed that the medium is leaving the surface more quickly in the 2nd case than the 1st case and its kinetic energy is rapidly rising.

So ,as you said , the oscillation is the dominant energy transferring source with that amplitude and period.

am I right?