Re: [lammps-users] Define the liquid and vapour phase in LAMMPS

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:33:50 -0400

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Xinyu You <youxinyu888@...29....> wrote:
Dear All,

Currently, I am trying to simulate the evaporation and condensation of thin liquid films. I want to  achieve the velocity and the force of the droplet. Therefore, I think I have to track the droplet formation (the size of the droplet changes with the time) and define the liquid and vapour phase in LAMMPS. Could anyone tell me how to achive this in LAMMPS?

​a) your questioning indicates, that you should discuss with your supervisor/adviser/colleagues how to better plan your simulations and analysis.
b) the bulk of your analysis is likely best done in post-processing, but you may be able to detect ​your droplets using the compute cluster/atom command.

​axel.

I would very appreciate if anyone could give me some advice.

Best regards,

Xinyu You