Re: [lammps-users] pair/local granular

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 13:04:27 -0400

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Massimo Pica Ciamarra <picaciam@...24...> wrote:
Dear all,

I have a problem damping the result of compute pair/local in granular simulations (13Apr17)
For instance, to output the distances between the interacting particles, I use following lines:

#### lines added
compute c1 all pair/local dist
dump dump_local all local 1 Distances.dat c_c1
dump_modify dump_local first no
run 1
undump dump_local
uncompute c1

I added these lines at the end of few example files, e.g. "in.min", and the result is as expected.
If, however, I add them at the end of the example file "in.pour", the dump file only contains the standard header lines, as if there were no interacting particles.
The same occurs if a try to output the result of a compute property/local.

Any suggestion?

​i cannot reproduce it with either the latest stable (11 Aug 2017) or the latest patch ​(23 Oct 2017) version.

[akohlmey@...7208... lammps]$ head -20 Distances.dat
ITEM: TIMESTEP
50000
ITEM: NUMBER OF ENTRIES