[lammps-users] How to oscillate a wall while thermostatting

From: saeed alborzi <alborzi.saeed6@...24...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 12:05:49 +0330

Hello

My problem is to find a way to add some time-dependent value to wall atoms' velocity while their temperature is controlled by another fix such as fix nvt or temp/berendsen+fix nve.

In fact I want to have an oscillating heat source wall.

I tried "velocity set" command with "sum yes" keyword but the error message says that you can not add a time-dependent value. On the other hand I can not use "fix move" command because I want to control the temperature with another appropriate fix command.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks