Re: [lammps-users] Read_restart changing box parameters

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:43:27 -0400

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Carter Rhea <crhea@...7157...> wrote:
> Dear all,
>  I have noticed that when using read_restart the boundaries of the bounding
> box change by nearly a factor of 20%! Has anyone else experienced this, and
> if so, how did you rectify the situation?

that doesn't make sense. please provide a minimal example input deck
demonstrating this issue (it doesn't have to do any meaningful
simulation, and quickly showcase the issue at hand, i.e. it should use
a simple/fast pair style and few atoms). most likely you are
misinterpreting what is going on.

please also note, that you should always report your LAMMPS version
and platform you are using and double check with the latest patchlevel
(23 October 2017 currently), if the issue persists.

axel.