Re: [lammps-users] embedded atom method

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 23:34:16 -0400

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Mohammad Zahidul Hossain Khan
<za.parash@...24...> wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> I am new user of lammps. I want to md simulation using embedded atom method.
> I have good idea about md simulation because I have used gromacs for protein
> interaction. But now I want to md simulation for my nano-magnetic material.
> Can you tell me which tutorial would be good for me to start the lammps and
> for my simulation

start with the LAMMPS manual. also, there are references to tutorials
and associated materials on the lammps homepage. since we don't know
what you know, you have to choose yourself.

i assume, that you are aware that EAM cannot represent magnetism.

axel.