Re: [lammps-users] General Questions Regarding LAMMPS

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 13:44:27 -0400

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Omar Khodary <khodary@...7185...> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I am writing this email in regards a few simple issues regarding the running
> of LAMMPS on OS X through home-brew.
>

> I have installed and uninstalled LAMMPS multiple times on my laptop in an
> attempt to get the commands to work, however whenever I try to input any
> commands or try to follow along with the manual or a tutorial, I get the
> "command not found" error. Yet I can run brew test lammps -v, so I know at
> least some of the commands from LAMMPS must have been downloaded and
> complied correctly.

this is a question you should ask the home-brew folks. LAMMPS has many
optional pieces and any kind of automatic packaging may not include
all of them, due to the pre-requisites.

> I would also like to ask if there are any example scripts written by Dan
> Bolintineanu, as I am interested in running some granular flow simulations.

available examples are in the examples folder of the LAMMPS source
code. or bundled with specific tutorial material.

> Lastly, where would I go to find information on any upcoming seminars or
> lectures hosted by Sandia for LAMMPS?

on the LAMMPS home page. the next LAMMPS workshop in new mexico is
likely going to be in summer 2019

axel.