Re: [lammps-users] GCMC can not fully fill a box with particles for high MC movement frequency

From: Han Liu <liuhan2mse@...24...>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 18:48:20 -0700

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your consideration.

Do you find any solution to solve this problem?

Hope to hearing from you.

Thank you again and best regards,
Han

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Han Liu <liuhan2mse@...24...> wrote:
Hi Steve and Aidan,

Thank you for your reply.

It is the former case: when M >10^5, the number of particles saturates with respect to the number of GCMC steps (even in log scale). This plateau occurs for a number of particles that is significantly lower than for lower values of M. It appears as though all the insertions of new particles get rejected, although a visual inspection shows that there is still plenty of empty space available (with pores larger than the particle diameter).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again and best wishes.

Sincerely,
Han