Re: [lammps-users] Regarding Peri style

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 09:32:51 -0400

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Rushikesh Sanjay Gite am16m021
<am16m021@...7168...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried LAMMPS example problem for peridynamics.
>
> When I run the script, screen out put has shown Total # number of neighbors
> and Ave neigh/atoms.
>
> May I know how its calculate or on which basis its calculate the above.

first available neighbor list on rank 0 after the last step.

> Also, I was going through pair_style peri (Lammps documents). It is
> mentioned in the document that "These pair styles do not support mixing" .
>
> Does it mean that peri style can not use with other style (Using pair_style
> hybrid command).

no. mixing refers to using arithmetic or geometric averages to obtain
e.g epsilon and sigma for atoms of type i with atoms of type j from
the i vs. i and j vs. j interactions.
peridynamics has no per atom type parameters.

using pair style hybrid with peridynamics makes little sense anyway.

axel.