Re: [lammps-users] maxval error

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 21:28:04 -0400

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Gideon Simpson
<gideon.simpson@...24...> wrote:
> I’ve been noticing that if I use the dump movie command (within a python script), and I have too many frames, I see errors at the command line of the form:
>
> [NULL @ 0x7f8155014400] Invalid maxval: 0
>
> Nothing appears in log.lammps, and there is nothing obviously wrong with the animation that’s generated.

this is output from ffmpeg and harmless. ffmpeg is operating as a
separate executable in pipeline mode, so it don't know anything about
the dump command or LAMMPS.
it is simply that LAMMPS feeds it a stream of uncompressed pictures
and ffmpeg processes them until the pipeline is closed.

axel.