Re: [lammps-users] Python and animations

From: Gideon Simpson <gideon.simpson@...24...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 08:24:14 -0700

ffmpeg is installed on the Mac, and if I run a standard (i..e, non-python) lammps script with the dump movie command, it works as expected.

-gideon

On Oct 12, 2017, at 6:38 AM, Richard Berger <richard.berger@...1545...> wrote:

dump movie requires ffmpeg. That isn’t IPyLammps specific, but is always the case. Is it installed on the mac? If so maybe its PATH is somehow messed up. Otherwise I’d have to see the scripts.

PS: I’m the author of both PyLammps and IPyLammps. IPyLammps just adds a few utilities for IPython notebooks. In this case allowing to embed a generated video.

Richard