Re: [lammps-users] Converting packmol output to lammps data file

From: renefbg <renefbg@...6901...>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 15:30:25 -0300

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the info. I have checked the PDB files and they are all correct. The most recent packmol version was installed to avoid the issue you mentioned.

When I open the PDB file generated by packmol in VMD, all atoms are correctly identified. When using topotools to write lammps data file (and then reading the generated file in VMD), some elements are changed (carbon becomes nitrogen, hydrogen becomes carbon etc.).

I am confused by what could be the problem, as it seems that VMD is not translating correctly the bonds lenghts. Is there any other procedure in VMD to avoid this issue?

Thanks

Rene