Re: [lammps-users] Poisuille flow

From: m n <mnnfean@...16...>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 18:58:10 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Axel,

According to your last comment, in order to simulate a steady flow at a given velocity, I initialized the flow with a velocity command and added a small force, to compensate for the dissipation of energy through interaction with the walls:

velocity      flow set 1.0 0.0 0.0
fix    1 flow addforce 0.01 0.0 0.0

In order to define "temperature" for the flowing medium, I used "compute temp/com" command to exclude the kinetic energy of the center of mass of the flowing medium:

compute hot upper temp
compute flow argon temp/com
compute                   cold lower temp

Moreover, for controlling the temperature of the walls I have used the following commands:

fix hot upper nvt temp 150 150 0.01
fix cold lower nvt temp 90 90 0.01
fix nve flow nve

The temperature of the flow region decreased after I used the "compute temp/com" from 1250 to 840 but there are still some biases.

I would really appreciate if you could help me to figure it out.

Best,
Santiago