Re: [lammps-users] Converting packmol output to lammps data file

From: Andrew Jewett <jewett@...1937...>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 15:28:05 -0700

This sounds like an issue with your PDB file.

Have you checked whether the atom names in the PDB file generated by
packmol are correct?  If not then perhaps you should check the atom
names in the original PDB files that you fed to packmol.  Alternately,
if your packmol's INP file reads the coordinates in a different format
(.xyz files) and saves the result in a PDB file, the resulting PDB
file could have weird atom type names.

This may not be relevant, but have you checked the order of the atoms
in your PDB file for the final structure?  (I vaguely recall that
older versions of packmol printed the atoms out in a different order
than the current versions of packmol.  I think that in older versions
of packmol, it would print out the list of molecules in a mixture in
alternating order.  In order to make it work with moltemplate, I asked
Leandro to change it so that it would list the coordinates of all the
oxygen molecules consecutively, followed by all the water molecules,
consecutively, and all instances of next type of molecule
consecutively etc...  This could be irrelevant.  I'm not sure if atom
order matters in topotools.)

Cheers
Andrew