Re: [lammps-users] ERROR DUMP COMMAND

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 09:55:00 -0400

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Carmen Rotolo <carmen_rotolo@...6371...> wrote:

Hi everyone!
I downloaded the 64-bit Windows installer package, following your instruction. The instalation seems to be ok.
However, I have tried to run the tutorial number 4 of your website "Uniaxial Compression", but the simulation can't be finalized, because of the error "cannot open dump file".
I checked in the "errors" section of your web site and the only explanation reported is "The output file for the dump command cannot be opened. Check that the path and name are correct."
I am 100% sure the path and the name are correct!
Could anyone please tell me what the reason can be for this type of error?

​most of the times, this error happens, when you are running LAMMPS in a folder, where you don't have write permission.

axel.​

Thank you very much!!!