Re: [lammps-users] Poisuille flow

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 17:54:10 -0400

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 5:47 PM, m n via lammps-users <lammps-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Dear LAMMPS users,

I am trying to simulate argon flow between two parallel metallic plates with different constant temperatures. In order to simulate the argon flow, I use the "fix ID group-ID addforce f_x 0.0 0.0" but after applying the force, the temperature of  flow region increases dramatically. When there is no force applied on the argon particles, the temperature is reasonable.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me to figure out this issue.

​trivial. the stronger the force you add, the more you accelerate your flowing particles, the more they heat up. simple as that.

axel.

Santiago