Re: [lammps-users] how to calculate stress tensor of a bin

From: Eric Murphy <murphyericjames@...24...>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:54:44 -0500

#2. You don't have to care about voronoi volumes at all if you don't want the stress per atom - it's volume is irrelevant in your case.  If you use #1, you will be adding samples and volumes in which they live/occur haphazardly - and it won't really represent anything at all.

Nonetheless, binning and using the bin volume can present the exact same problems on your averages as using the voronoi volumes - scale dependence from subdividing your domain. Should be less severe, however.

Regards,
Eric Murphy
Graduate Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering
Iowa State University