Re: [lammps-users] dump image/movie on macos

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 07:47:37 -0400

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 2:43 AM, Gideon Simpson
<gideon.simpson@...24...> wrote:
> I’m trying to get dump image/movie working on a macOS machine with the
> latest lammps.  I have libjpeg,libpng, and ffmpeg installed through
> macports, and the compiling of lammps with the associated flags goes through
> (i.e., I see linking against -lpng).  However, when I go to use the dump
> commands in any scripts, I get errors like:
>
> ERROR: Support for writing images in PNG format not included
> (../dump_image.cpp:89)

this means, you need to check the compilation and configuration steps
more closely, especially this one

http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/Section_start.html#step-4

do a 'make clean-all 'and start over.

> Has anyone gotten this combination of software working?

yes, it is straightforward with the suitable adjustments of the makefile