Re: [lammps-users] Compilation warning

From: "A. M.M" <alaa.murar@...24...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 23:12:53 +0300

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello,

Thanks for your replay.

I used one of the make file that included in LAMMPS which is intelmpi with a change in it, and the restrict flag appear in the make file.

I attached the file to you

also I got this warning

"
../manifold_gaussian_bump.cpp(371): warning #268: the format string ends before this argument
               gg, nn[0], nn[1], nn[2] );
                              ^
"

Thanks

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 4:04 PM, A. M.M <alaa.murar@...24...> wrote:
> بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
>
> Hello,
>
> I compiled LAMMPS using intel compiler and I got a warning says
>
> "
> ../pair_list.cpp(52): warning #47: incompatible redefinition of macro
> "_noalias" (declared at line 196 of "../lmptype.h")
>   #define _noalias __restrict
>              ^
> "
> the pair_list lines are ( from 193 to 201 ):
>
> "
> // declaration to lift aliasing restrictions
>
> #if defined(__INTEL_COMPILER)
> #define _noalias restrict     ( this is the line 196 )
> #elif defined(__GNUC__)
> #define _noalias __restrict
> #else
> #define _noalias
> #endif
> "
>
> is there any mistake in this line, like restrict must have a "__" before it

no. the mistake is in your compiler flags.
as has been explained *many* times on this mailing list: when using
the intel compiler you *must* use the -restrict flag.

axel.