Re: [lammps-users] [EXTERNAL] unrealistic values

From: "Thompson, Aidan" <athomps@...3...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:29:27 +0000

Please post future questions to the mailing list.

Your difficulties probably originate in the complexity of the atomic structures you are working with.  ELASTIC_T works best for systems that have either a single local energy minimum (crystalline solid) or a system that quickly samples the full ensemble of minima (liquid).  Many solid materials lie between these two extremes.  I suggest trying to simplify your problem by either raising or lowering the temperature, or perhaps first doing the zero temperature case with the ELASTIC script.

Aidan

--

      Aidan P. Thompson

      01444 Multiscale Science

      Sandia National Laboratories

      PO Box 5800, MS 1322      Phone: 505-844-9702

      Albuquerque, NM 87185     Fax  : 505-845-7442

      E-mail:athomps@...3... Cell : 505-218-1011