[lammps-users] Couette flow

From: m n <mnnfean@...16...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 18:30:55 +0000 (UTC)

Dear all,

I want to simulate the classic "Couette flow" problem while applying a different constant temperatures on both stationary bottom wall and moving upper wall.

I was wondering how I can set the velocity of the bottom plate to zero while applying a constant temperature on it? To my knowledge, in LAMMPS, temperature and velocity are related to each other so when the velocity of particles are set to zero, it means that there is no vibrations and consequently the temperature is zero as well. How can I simulate a region of particles which are stationary and have a constant temperature?

Many thanks in advance,

Santiago