Re: [lammps-users] Compilation error

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:48:05 -0400

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Kim, Changjae <cjkim@...1803...> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I would like to get your reply in solving my problem.
>
> I was trying to compile Lammps in my computer, but an error message was
> popped up as follows.

actually, what follows is *not* the important error message. there
must be some specific error message before that, which will tell
exactly what is going wrong.

> Compilation aborted for ../dump_netcdf.cpp (code 2)
>
> Make[1]: *** [dump_netcdf.o] Error 2
>
> Make[1]: Leaving directory
> ‘/home/chang1261/Classmaterial/lammps-11Aug17/src/Obj_intel
>
> Make: *** [intel] Error 2
>

> Of you guys, anyone have had a similar problem with me?

impossible to say, there is not enough information.

> If it is, please comment or give your solution.

the error seems to happen when compiling the USER-NETCDF package. you
can simply work around any issue with that, by uninstalling it, i.e.
typing "make no-user-netcdf"
and then trying to compile as before.

axel.