Re: [lammps-users] Fix viscous and dynamic groups

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 18:11:48 -0400

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Michal Kanski <michal.kanski@...2460...> wrote:

Hi,

Why fix viscous cannot be used with dynamic groups?

​because it hasn't been reviewed for being compatible with dynamic groups or not.
the default for fixes is to be flagged as incompatible. since

if you add:

 dynamic_group_allow
​ = 1;​

to the fix viscous constructor, it will no longer stop with an error.

I've checked the code and I haven't found anything which would require a constant number of atoms.

​yes, indeed. i just changed this in my local repository and added it to a pull request. should be included in the next LAMMPS patch: https://github.com/lammps/lammps/pull/655/commits/aad8cd10ffa28f6681f7e5b7351ea6ed695a8ab9

axel.​

Cheers,

Michal