[lammps-users] Syntax error by extra/bond/per/atom in read_data command

From: Hyungmook Kang <hmkang@...633...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:09:15 -0700

Dear lammps users,

I have the same problem of
http://lammps.sandia.gov/threads/msg71104.html

I'm trying to combine two data files by using read_data command.
When I run without extra/bond/per/atom keyword, I get the following error message.

Subsequent read data induced too many bonds per atom (../read_data.cpp:1222)

When I changed the syntax with the keyword, extra/bond/per/atom, and I get
"Ilegal read_data" error.

Previously, a solution using moltemplate was introduced.
Could somebody let me know the way to directly solve this problem by using right lammps syntax?

The follows are the lines in my input file.

read_data   water.dat group solvent extra/atom/types 5 extra/bond/types 10 extra/angle/types 10 extra/bond/per/atom
read_data    extra.dat add append group extra

Many Thanks
Mook