[lammps-users] ?????? How to decide the number of atoms in each bins forthe 1d bin style

From: "1185201182" <1185201182@...1204...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 19:07:51 +0800

Hi Steve
Sorry for the mistake. I did use the ave/chunk command. Now I figured out a method to restore information of atoms. I have looked at the source code of lammps. It seems that the coordinate of the bin reported by this command is the center of the bin,if so I am able to get the top boundary and bottom boundary of the bin, then select the atoms according to the coordinates in dump file within the bin, then do time averaging. Will I get same result (the number of the atoms) as reported by the command?

------------------ ???????? ------------------
??????: "Steve Plimpton";<sjplimp@...24...>;
??????: ""<1185201182@...1204...>;
????: "lammps-users"<lammps-users@lists.sourceforge.net>;
????: Re: [lammps-users] How to decide the number of atoms in each bins forthe 1d bin style

That isn't the output from the compute chunk/atom command.
Possibly you mean from the fix ave/chunk command?

In which case it may do time averaging, depending on how
you used it.  Which could lead to fractional counts.

Steve