[lammps-users] ATC Cu_ttm.mat file problem

From: Sikang Luan <luans@...132...>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 21:01:47 +0000

Dear everyone,

I am using lammps USER-ATC package to work on laser ablation of copper. As I looked at the material properties of copper, I found a problem with electron conductivity. The parameters in Jones paper are 11.2J/K*m*s for lattice conductivity and 244.3J/K*m*s for electron conductivity.

I converted to atc units which is consistent with lammps in mass, time, and length. The result of lattice conductivity is the same as that in the file (67.44.....), while electron conductivity is 1471 instead of 441. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks.

Michael.