[lammps-users] Is it possible to realize the “soft” body particle in LAMMPS?

From: Wusheng Zhang <minky.k.jiang@...24...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 21:15:08 -0400

Dear LAMMPS users,

I intend to completely cover a large sphere with lots of middle size spheres - name it as cluster. And the small spheres fill in the other space of the simulation box. On one hand, these middle size spheres cannot leave the large sphere, so the “body particle” might be applicable. But on the other hand, I also need to measure and tune the Young’s module of the cluster by compress the simulation box. In this sense, I hope that I can tune the interaction between the middle size spheres and the large sphere, and this is not applicable if I set the cluster as a body particle. So is it possible that I can set the cluster as a kind of body particle but I can tune the interaction between the middle size spheres and the large sphere? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

zjgbz