Re: [lammps-users] Peridynamic bonds

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:43:58 -0400

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Sebastian Echeverri <sebastianecheverrir@...24...> wrote:
Dear all,

Is it possible to output the bond information from a peridynamics simulation?

 http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/compute_damage_atom.html

I have tried using the write_data command (which works for atom_style full) but I only get the position of the atoms.

in ​peridynamic "bonds" are ​not explicit bonds (computed via a bond style), but implicitly computed and maintained as part of the pair style. write_data can only access explicitly defined bonds. compute damage/atom provides a measure of the bond breakage. if you need something more detailed, you would have to program a custom compute that exposes the additional information you are interested in.

axel.

I am using LAMMPS (22 Jul 2016-ICMS)

Thanks,
Sebastián