Re: [lammps-users] Fwd: Got "segmentation fault" error when using pari_style quip with gap potential file

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 10:40:55 -0400

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Tingyu Lu <tlu3@...1442...> wrote:
Hello,

Sorry, I don't quite understand it. Do you mean the libatoms in QUIP?
I did unarchived the GAP.tar.gz in /QUIP/src directory. Then I edited the Makefile.inc in the build directory and do "make" in /QUIP.
I checked the command "teach_sparse" in the build directory, and it worked.
Does it mean that I compiled it with GAP support?

​i don't know. this is beyond the scope of the LAMMPS list. unless you provide conclusive proof, that LAMMPS is at fault here (and so far you didn't), i have to assume, that it is a problem of the external library and you should consult the corresponding documentation and software developers.

when the USER-QUIP support was updated in LAMMPS, i had reviewed and tested it thoroughly and it did work for all test cases, include GAP.
there have been no changes in those parts of LAMMPS since. so the logical conclusion is that either you made a mistake or that something broke in the external library. neither is a topic for this mailing list.

axel.

Thanks,
Tingyu