[lammps-users] Nanoindentation

From: Jit Sarkar <jitsarkar1993@...24...>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 17:17:13 +0530

Dear All,

I am trying to simulating the nanoindentation of a graphene sheet. The entire simulation is occuring properly. The only problem I am facing is that, during the unloading process even when I reached the initial position of zero from where I have started indentation, the stress is showing a large negative value instead of zero, as some atoms remain stucked with the indenter up to that position.

Please can anybody address the probable reason of this problem?

Thanks
Best Regards,
JIT
Jit Sarkar (B.Tech)
Junior Project Assistant & Research Scholar (MS)
Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721302, India
Phone- +919476414445