[lammps-users] Got "segmentation fault" error when using pari_style quip with gap potential file

From: Tingyu Lu <tlu3@...1442...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:21:24 -0400

Hello lammps users,

- I compiled the lammps with quip and gap packages following the guidelines in http://libatoms.github.io/QUIP/install.html and the README files in lammps. The commands from quip and gap works well.

- Then I tested the example "in.sw" in the /lammps/examples/USER/quip/ folder, it worked well, which ensures that I compiled the quip package right.

- However when I tried the example named "in.gap" which uses the potential from gap, I got the segmentation fault error in the output file.

- The information in the output file is listed below:

LAMMPS (15 May 2015)
Reading data file ...
  orthogonal box = (0 0 0) to (10.9685 10.9685 10.9685)
  1 by 1 by 2 MPI processor grid
  reading atoms ...
  64 atoms
Neighbor list info ...
  1 neighbor list requests
  update every 1 steps, delay 10 steps, check yes
  master list distance cutoff = 4.3
Setting up run ...

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 11
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
YOUR APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault (signal 11)
This typically refers to a problem with your application.
Please see the FAQ page for debugging suggestions

- My lammps version is "lammps-15May15".

Could you please kindly help me with the problem?

Thanks,
Tingyu

--
Best Regards,