Re: [lammps-users] 回复: The difference between compute pressure andcompute stress/atom

From: Julien Guénolé <julien.guenole@...4839...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:14:28 +0200

On 28/08/17 13:31, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Julien Guénolé <julien.guenole@...4839...> wrote:
Compute pressure use the box dimension to calculate the pressure.
Compute stress/atom does not calculate any pressure, but pressure*volume. Because you don't mention the use of Voronoi volume, I assume you use here the volume of the box to get the value in pressure unit. It seems to me relatively ill-defined to use the box volume with stress/atom without a box fully periodic...

​compute pressure does the same thing. ...and the sum of all voronoi volumes is the box volume, so for as long as this is computing the sum over all per atom stresses, this should be comparable. in fact, the compute stress/atom docs give an example for how to compute the same result as what compute pressure gives.

Thanks for the precision Axel!
I wasn't indeed sure whether the the Voronoi cell would be limited by the simulation box or the paire_style cutoff, in the particular case when the paire_style cutoff extends "outside" a non-periodic boundary.

Julien