Re: [lammps-users] Is there any built-in method to apply "tensile test" in LAMMPS?

From: Michał Kański <michal.kanski@...2460...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 05:27:40 +0000

http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/fix_deform.html

Look at "volume" style.

Michal

On 30 August 2017 06:02:36 CEST, Wusheng Zhang <minky.k.jiang@...24...> wrote:
Dear LAMMPS users,

I intend to do "tensile test" to my sample in LAMMPS. More precisely, when I drag or compress the sample, I hope that the sample can keep the volume as the constant, which accords with what happened in the experiment. So just deform the simulation box in the z direction is not enough. My idea now is to drag in the z direction and compress in both x and y direction. But I am wondering if there is any built-in function that can realize the "tensile test"? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
zjgbz