[lammps-users] Is there any built-in method to apply "tensile test" in LAMMPS?

From: Wusheng Zhang <minky.k.jiang@...24...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 00:02:36 -0400

Dear LAMMPS users,

I intend to do "tensile test" to my sample in LAMMPS. More precisely, when I drag or compress the sample, I hope that the sample can keep the volume as the constant, which accords with what happened in the experiment. So just deform the simulation box in the z direction is not enough. My idea now is to drag in the z direction and compress in both x and y direction. But I am wondering if there is any built-in function that can realize the "tensile test"? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
zjgbz