[lammps-users] how to group atoms introduce randomly with create_atoms?

From: Christophe Ortiz <christophe.ortiz@...4080...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 10:26:14 +0000

Dear LAMMPS users,

Inside a Fe bcc crystal I have introduced randomly some additional atoms the following way:

create_atoms 1 random 5000 6538 crystalFe

Now I would like to set their velocity (all the same). This can be done with the command velocity group-id set v_x v_y v_z.

The question is how to group the atoms that I have introduced randomly. Any idea?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Christophe