Re: [lammps-users] Issues with fix rigid in PRD simulation

From: Mohammad Rasool Vazirisereshk <mvazirisereshk@...24...>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 15:33:00 -0700

Axel, thanks for your response. The tip does not move with constant velocity, it is connected to a single atom using a spring and the single atom moves with constant speed. What I am trying to do is to reach a lower scanning velocity (velocity of the single atom mentioned above) of the tip by parallelizing the time domain using prd simulation (something similar to this paper:  https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.106.126101). As far as I know, similar setups with fix rigid worked fine in prd simulations with the LAMMPS version of 2012-2013 and I wanted to check if someone else faces some issues in using both packages concurrently in the recent version of the LAMMPS.

Thanks.

Best,

Mohammad