Re: [lammps-users] About problem using fix ave/chunk with fix srd

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 13:29:22 -0600

That's not a LAMMPS error, so no idea.  Does a smaller simulation
run fine?  If you remove the fix ave/chunk command does it run fine?

Steve

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 7:35 PM, dry6211@...24... <dry6211@...24...> wrote:
Dear lammps users,

Now I'm trying to simulate colloidal particles with hydrodynamics using fix srd command. The solvent particle number can reach 1.6e8. The simulation runs well. But when I used the fix ave/chunk along with compute chunk/atom command to group the solvent particles into bins to get the velocity distribution, there are some wierd error: "molandn23 error polling LP CQ with status RETRY EXCEEDED ERROR status number 12 for wr_id 61fd7c80 opcode 0  vendor error 129 qp_idx 0". I highly suspect that the error occurs because the number of particles used for fix ave/chunk is too large, and the computation cannot proceed. How can I solve this problem? And is there some other way to get the binned velocity for srd solvent particles?

Thank you.

Best,
Ruoyu Dong