Re: [lammps-users] Computing Shear Strain and stress

From: Baig abdullah Al muhit <bamuhit@...16...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:59:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Melika,

Offset is the tiltfactor-initial tilt factor for the simulation box in the direction you are shearing. So, in your case it will be like: (xy-xy0)/ly.
You can calculate the shear stress like you said but remember that is in P*V format. So, I would divide the value by the volume occupied by the system to get the shear stress.

Regards,
Baig