[lammps-users] Computing Shear Strain and stress

From: melika_ bm85 <melika_bm85@...16...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 07:03:49 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Users,
I apply a shear deformation via the command:
variable srate equal 1.0e10
variable srate1 equal "v_srate / 1.0e12"
fix 4 all deform 1 xy erate ${srate1} units box remap x
 and now I want to compute the shear strain and shear stress so that I can draw the shear stress-strain curve. But when I don't know how to compute the shear strain and stress. The manual says that the shear strain = offset/length. well I understand that the length is the initial box length in y direction in my case. but I don't know how to compute the offset value. and what about the shear stress? can I compute it by -Pxy/10000 (GPa)?
Sincerely,
Melika Vokhshoori