[lammps-users] Fwd: pcff force field

From: Vanessa Oklejas <voklejas@...24...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 02:58:37 +0000

Please, always email the lammps user list when responding.

What version of lammps are you using? I believe the most current stable version for download (17 August 2017) lists a force field file (*.frc) for pcff in ./tools/msi2lmp/frc_files/. So I imagine that producing a lammps-style data files using types from the pcff force field should be possible. There are a few places where you might run into stumbling blocks that I can think of off the top of my head: (1) I think pcff is a class 2 type force field, which I think requires a special flag when you invoke msi2lmp. (2) It's possible MS might have additional atom types in their version of pcff that are not present in the pcff.frc file that is part of the lammps distribution.