[lammps-users] About problem using fix ave/chunk with fix srd

From: "dry6211@...24..." <dry6211@...24...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:35:06 +0900

Dear lammps users,

Now I'm trying to simulate colloidal particles with hydrodynamics using fix srd command. The solvent particle number can reach 1.6e8. The simulation runs well. But when I used the fix ave/chunk along with compute chunk/atom command to group the solvent particles into bins to get the velocity distribution, there are some wierd error: "molandn23 error polling LP CQ with status RETRY EXCEEDED ERROR status number 12 for wr_id 61fd7c80 opcode 0  vendor error 129 qp_idx 0". I highly suspect that the error occurs because the number of particles used for fix ave/chunk is too large, and the computation cannot proceed. How can I solve this problem? And is there some other way to get the binned velocity for srd solvent particles?

Thank you.

Best,
Ruoyu Dong