Re: [lammps-users] Segmentation fault (Core dumped) with fix qeq

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:18:29 -0400

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Baig abdullah Al muhit via lammps-users <lammps-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am simulation water box with only 3 SPC water molecules. I want to set charge with fix qeq/point. However, LAMMPS showed segmentation fault when fix qeq/point was invoked. I simulated the water with both bonded and non-bonded (O,H don't have explicit bond). But types of simulations gave me segfault. Here's my code:

units         real
atom_style     full
boundary    p p p
newton         on
dimension    3

read_data     wat.data

fix        1 all qeq/point 1 3.1 1.0e-6 10 param.wat
run        0

param.wat file:
1 8.5 17.99
2 5.32 14.87

​your parameter file has 3 entries per line, however, 6 per line are required

axel.

Thanks
Baig