Re: [lammps-users] Distance between particles does not match for deformed box

From: habib rahbari <habib.rahbari@...444...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:59:42 +0900

I would like to update my latest email.

I re-installed my lammps.

Now problem with over-boundary contacts persists, I can not get the distance which is calculated by lammps

Example :  P1 position (-280.372, -299.835, 0.0), P2 position ( (-97.0773, 299.141, 0.0) Box length = 600

calculated distance by myself : 183.297560333    distance by lammps: 1.39993

Contacts that are inside bulk they have only a rounding difference

for example: P1 at (246.817, -272.008, 0.0), P2 at (247.666, -273.121, 0.0)
calculated distance is  1.39984642015 lammps distance is  1.39996

So contacts over boundary are doing something else!