Re: [lammps-users] error Unknown fix style (../modify.cpp:815)

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:54:45 -0400

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Paul Swain <swainpaul4@...29....> wrote:
Hi,
In the latest version of lammps, is there any changes in "fix rigid" command? I

​changes compared to what version?​

'm using a simple "fix rigid" but getting a error that this is unknown fix style. Could anybody help me to resolve the issue. My input and tailed output is here.

​have you checked, whether ​your executable does indeed contain fix rigid? did you install the RIGID package?
unknown XXX style means, there either is a typo in the input or the executable does not contain the style.

​axel.​

----------------Input---------------------
# define boundary conditions
fix 1 upper setforce NULL 0. NULL
fix 2 lower setforce 0. 0. NULL
fix 3 upper aveforce ${appforce} 0. 0.
fix 4 upper rigid group 1 upper

# define boundary conditions
fix 1 upper setforce NULL 0. NULL
fix 2 lower setforce 0. 0. NULL
fix 3 upper aveforce ${appforce} 0. 0.
fix 3 upper aveforce 0.00755258989134825 0. 0.
fix 4 upper rigid group 1 upper
ERROR: Unknown fix style (../modify.cpp:815)

Thanks,