[lammps-users] Hollow cylinder region

From: Eivind Bering <b.eivind@...24...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:00:59 +0200

Dear LAMMPS users,
I have a question regarding regions. I have spent a few hours trying to create a hollow cylinder, which I want to fill with water molecules. My goal is to place the water molecules in the layer between two coaxial cylinders of different radius.

My current approach is to define the innermost cylinder with side out, and the uttermost with side in, and then take the union of these two regions:

#Define cylinder
region insideCylinder   cylinder z 13 -3 10             -15 98 side out units box
region outsideCylinder  cylinder z 13 -3 ${radius} -27 100          units box
region myCylinder union 2 outsideCylinder insideCylinder

However, it does not work as intended. Any input regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Eivind