Re: [lammps-users] LAMMPS: Inconsistent Results When Using Same Random Seed"

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 16:02:20 -0400

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 3:40 PM, MASATO KOIZUMI <mkoizumi@...5197...09...> wrote:
Dear Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer,

Hello Dr. Kohlmeyer. Thank you for your e-mail.

I was curious if you could inform me a solution to obtain the exactly the same results in regards to trajectories if I rerun the same LAMMPS input script.

I was curious if using the exactly the same random seed will reproduce the same results such as not changing the random seed of the velocity and dpd pairwise potential for every rerun. Thank you.

​same question, same answer.
your request is like a person going to the doctor complaining about pain, but not saying where exactly it hurts or how much, but expecting relief.
​so the best i can do is to recommend: take 2 aspirin and only come back when your can tell us more.

​axel.​

Sincerely,

Masato Koizumi